When you move to a new country, there are a fair few steps that you might need to take. Something for sure is that you will need to ensure that you have all of the relevant documents to take with you.
Remember to pack the following documents:
- Passports for everybody (EEA, Spouse, Children)
- Marriage Certificates
- Birth Certificates of children
- Also do not forget to get your European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) from your home Member State before leaving. In the UK you can do this online on the NHS website: [Apply for UK EHIC]
- Evidence of you relationship before going to the other EEA member state
- Evidence of your national insurance contributions in the United Kingdom (This will be useful, as after excersising treaty rights in another EEA state you are classed as a worker, and therefore entitled to public funds as such)