To register as a self employed person in the Republic of Ireland, you need to follow a simple route:
- Obtain / Register for your PPSN.
- Register as a Self Employed Person
- Register your Business Name
- Register for Revenue Online Services (ROS.IE)
- Register your domain name
- I offer a very competitive Domain Name Registration Service, with regular special offers.
- Setup your Website
- See the link to my YouTube channel on the bottom of the page
- Keep Accurate Accounting Information
- Retain all Receipts
- Issue invoices for every sale you make
- Keep detailed mileage logs for all travel you make
- Register your Business Page on Facebook, Twitter and Google Plus
- It’s Free
- It provides a medium for people to provide an instant sharing platform
- It provides a method for customers to give feedback and reviews
- Google Plus listings can have a direct bearing on Googles SERPS.
- Google Plus listings also link to Google Local Places listings.
A lot of people ask the following question over and over:
“How can I prove that my self employment was genuine?”
The answer is simple:
Advertise your services, Keep a detailed record of all meetings with clients, take photographs of your setup, publish your website, ensure you pay your earned income / money into your bank/PayPal Account.
Obviously, you will incur a few charges in setting up your business. Such as:
- Business Name Registration
- Advertising Your Business – Flyers, Google Adsense, ETC
- Web Hosting / Domain Name (Note: My Free Web Hosting Offer)
- Stationary (Pens, Pads, Paper, Letterheads, ETC)
- Business Cards
You also need to remember that a business has requirements for accurate accounts record keeping.