Taking Vehicles Out of The UK – Temporary Export

Taking your vehicle abroad for less than 12 months (temporary export)

If you are taking your vehicle out of the country for less than 12 months you must make sure you take your registration document (V5) or certificate (V5C) with you. If you do not have one, you should apply to a DVLA local office on form V62, available from Post Office® branches, DVLA local office or download on the vehicle forms link below. The registration certificate may take up to 14 days to arrive. If you need to travel during this time you will need to apply for temporary registration certificate. You should apply well before your journey, as there could be delays of up to 14 days in issuing the certificate if you are not already recorded as the vehicle keeper. There is a fee for this service.

You should make sure that you meet any international and national conditions for licensing and taxation. Further information can be found in leaflet V526 Taking your vehicle out of the country.

More information on this can be found on the Government Website: Taking Vehicles out of the UK.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

* Copy This Password *

* Type Or Paste Password Here *