Self Employed in Ireland Registration

Register as a Self Employed Person in Ireland

To register as Self Employed in Ireland, you need to complete form TR1.  You can either download a copy of form TR1 from the Revenue website.  Alternatively, visit your local Revenue office to obtain a form TR1.

Form TR1 is titled “Tax Registration“.  This is the form to register for taxation as Self Employed in Ireland.

To complete form TR1, you will need to know your website URL, business name, telephone number, and PPSN.  If you do not know these details, you can update them later.

When completing the TR1 form, you will usually need to complete the following sections to register as a sole trader: A1, A4, Part B and Sign the Declaration on page 4 of the form.

Most individuals will not need to register for VAT or as an Employer to begin with.  If this changes, you can complete a further TR1 at a later date.  You should then either take the form into your Local Revenue Office or post it off.

You can view guidance notes about completing your tax registration on the Revenue Website.

Sample TR1 form for a Self Employed in Ireland Registration

OK, I’m going to give you a run down of how I completed TR1 to register my own Irish business…  Simply go to the page: Completing Form TR1

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

* Copy This Password *

* Type Or Paste Password Here *

Your guidance resource to applying the 'Surinder Singh Route' to your case.