Whilst the information on this page is geared to Surinder Singh returnee’s, I am hoping that this information will be useful to all EEA Nationals who intend to excercise their Freedom of Movement within the United Kingdom under Directive 2004/38/EC.
When you return to the United Kingdom there are a few “Formalities” that you will wish to consider. Whilst at the time of writing the information on this page (Jan 2014) an application for a residence card is an entirely optional process, the lack of any visa in a non-EEA nationals passport could cause various inconveniences.
- Applying for an EEA Family Permit
- How to Apply for a National Insurance Number
- How to Apply for a Residence Card for a non EEA National (EEA2)
- How to Apply for an EHIC (European Health Insurance Card)
- How to Apply for a UK Driving License
Other useful information:
- Internet Service Providers in the UK
- Driving on an EU License / Exchanging an EU License for a GB Driving License
- Homeless Assistance within the UK
- The Right To Vote: Non-EEA Family Members