On this form you will need to know your website URL, business name, telephone number, and PPSN.
When completing the TR1 form, you will usually need to complete the following sections to register as a sole trader: A1, A4, Part B and Sign the Declaration on page 4 of the form.
Most individuals will not need to register for VAT or as an Employer to begin with. If this changes, you can complete a further TR1 at a later date. You should then either take the form into your Local Revenue Office or post it off.
You can view guidance notes about completing your tax registration on the Revenue Website.
To register as a self employed person in the Republic of Ireland, you need to follow a simple route:
- Obtain / Register for your PPSN.
- Register as a Self Employed Person
- Register your Business Name
- Register for Revenue Online Services (ROS.IE)
- Register your domain name
- I offer a very competitive Domain Name Registration Service, with regular special offers.
- Setup your Website
- See the link to my YouTube channel on the bottom of the page
- Keep Accurate Accounting Information
- Retain all Receipts
- Issue invoices for every sale you make
- Keep detailed mileage logs for all travel you make
- Register your Business Page on Facebook, Twitter and Google Plus
- It’s Free
- It provides a medium for people to provide an instant sharing platform
- It provides a method for customers to give feedback and reviews
- Google Plus listings can have a direct bearing on Googles SERPS.
- Google Plus listings also link to Google Local Places listings.
A lot of people ask the following question over and over:
“How can I prove that my self employment was genuine?”
The answer is simple:
Advertise your services, Keep a detailed record of all meetings with clients, take photographs of your setup, publish your website, ensure you pay your earned income / money into your bank/PayPal Account.
Obviously, you will incur a few charges in setting up your business. Such as:
- Business Name Registration
- Advertising Your Business – Flyers, Google Adsense, ETC
- Web Hosting / Domain Name (Note: My Free Web Hosting Offer)
- Stationary (Pens, Pads, Paper, Letterheads, ETC)
- Business Cards
You also need to remember that a business has requirements for accurate accounts record keeping.